Saturday, August 05, 2006

Creating this blog was a challenge, it took me a couple of tries but it was accomplished. That is all that matter. So, now what? I have my own blog, what do I write. I have so much drama going on; I should have no problem.

Today my son told me that I was not supportive. Everyone that knows me, know that I am there for the most part for my kids and always support the crazy stuff they want to do. I guess I have to be more specific about why he feels that way.

He is a great kid (for the most part) and very intelligent. However, he has a girlfriend (yes, that is always a handicap) and has been together for almost 3 yrs (he is only 17yrs old). He will be starting his senior year in high school and has not applied for any college or scholarship. For the past 3 years all I hear from him is that he wants to be accepted into the UT Business Honors Program. He has the grades and SAT's also good, this is not the problem (if stopped talking to the girls! Oh, did I forget mention that he has a girl on the side) finances is the problem. Unfortunately, mommy is not rich, so he has to apply for as many scholarships as possible. All summer he has been slacking off, finally I he starting doing some community service (after a lot of nagging). Yes, I need to get to the point, it just take me a while and I have to go into details. Well, I told him the other day that if he did not get his act straight his only chance in college would be HCC. I told him that I was not going to get into debt by applying for FAFSA and I would not waste money at UT because I did not see him putting up an effort.

I know parents have to be supportive and encouraging, but aren't we suppose to be realistic and honest. I think the problem with children nowadays is that we don't tell them how things are because we don't want to hurt them or discourage them.

This was not hard, I am sure I will get better at it. I have a lot of other stuff to write about especially about my crazy sisters not to mention my mother (its genetic).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home