Wednesday, August 09, 2006

100 things about me.

Here I go with my list. I hope some of you that know me get to learn something new about me.

1. Born in Monterrey Mexico
2. Hate canned vegetables
3. Love to cook elaborate meals
4. Wish had a bigger house to host dinner parties
5. will like to learn how to belly dance (damn it, I have the belly)
6. I had a big crush on Billy Idol (OMG, I guess my taste in men has not changed, not very attractive)
7. I drop out of high school at 15 and had my beautiful daughter.
8. She was named after Dynasty (Krystle Alexandra)
9. My little sister Alexandra died when she was about 1, I was 4 or 5.
10. I love high heels, I don't care how much my feet hurt, I will wear 4" whenever possible.
11. I am always doing some crazy diet (none ever work)
12. I excercise a lot (about 4 times a week)
13. I regret not taking a lot of pictures of my children when they were smaller.
14. I don't wear jewelry on a daily basis. Unless its Jadeish (special occasion)
15. Listening to Frank Sinatra's music relaxes me.
16. My son was considered gifted & talented until he got the curse (got a girlfriend), it was downhill after that.
17. Pets don't interest me.
19. When I was about 8, my younger sister and I ran away from home. We only made it to the corner and came right back.
20. I was never spanked or punished when I was a child.
21. I have visited Rome, Venice, Florence, Costa Rica, and Paris (Paris last, I was not very impressed).
22. My dream is to one day go to Greece.
23. I wish I knew another language like Portuguese or Greek
24. Favorite movie The King and I.
25. By the way, I hate musicals.
26. I love the opera
27. It makes me uncomfortable when people ask me what type of work I do. It is hard to explain, because is not really engineering (but in someways it is).
28. Hate when I teld people that I work for the light company, they start bitching about their bill.
29. I gave my youngest son to my mom to raise.
30. I regret doing that, he is so noble and kind-hearted.
31. He knows now that I gave birth to him, still calls treats me as his sister (would not like it any other way, out of respect to my mother).
32. My mom and I are always fighting about stupid stuff.
33. I wish I had more patience with her.
34. I had a hamster once, she died, went into my closet, never again came out alive.
35. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers (including #29).
36. I like to bake, one of my best friends got me interested in it when she gave a cookbook.
37. I don't have any childhood friends.
38. Actually, I only have 5 close friends.
39. I hate confronting people.
40. Love to read, the 1st book I read by choice was "The house of spirits" by Isabel Allende.
41. I have ADD, it is hard for me to stay focused. I relate things to one-another in weird ways.
42. I have been married, divorced, separated and widowed, all before I was 35 (not something I should be proud of)
43. I am a sucker when it comes to clearence stuff 9(especially Target, they have the best discounts).
45. Hate to brush my hair, it is always up in a bun or wear a headband.
46. Have not seen my real hair color in over 15 years.
47. I am very good at spelling, sometimes can't pronounce the so I spell it instead.
48. Always eat the same things at restaurants.
49. Have overcome the fear of lizards.
50. Never have had a one-night stand (that sucks)
51. have a fear of approaching people at social events.
52. I will like to improve my English.
53. I am still good friend with my ex. Even after he poured red soda on me the night I broke up with him. He is a good person and we get along well, we just could not be a couple.
54. Terrified of commitment
55. Sometimes I think I am shallow.
56. My mother wanted to name me Irazema, but my father got drunk (his first child) and named me after my mom.
57. When I became a US Citizen (1999), I had my middle name removed legally.
58. When I graduated from college (2003) asked them to call out my original name to honor my mother. She was happy about that, I think she was hurt when I removed the middle name.
59. When I was a child (9-10) instead of my perfect wedding, I was thinking I wanted to be like Elizabeth Taylor and be married many times (almost there).
60. Love fresh flowers, don't get them because they die on me (2 day tops)
61. My daughter lives in Austin (very proud of her)
62. My son says he is going to Austin too, he might stay in Houston (HCC - read 1st post), He is very intelligent, he just does not apply himself.
63. Look forward to becoming a grandmother.
64. I go crazy when I see dirty dishes on the sink and the cabinets open.
65. never try out clothes at the store.
66. Have accomplished most of my goals to date.
67. Hardly every carry cash with me, have a tendency of loosing money.
68. Love to watch cooking shows.
69. I am good in imitating dishes, can figure out ingredients just by tasting.
70. love movies in black and white
71. Make a great 4 leches cake
72. not to mention flan
73. Have not been able to keep a romantic relationship longer than 4 years.
74. It irritates me when people compare me to my mother's mother.
75. I feear that when my son leaves for college, he will not call or come visit often.
76. Hope to enter grad school before I turn 40.
77. Until I turned 30, I use to get depressed the week of my birthday.
78. After 30, I welcome and celebrate my birthday, I am proud of what I have accomplished.
79. I love my job.
80. I am good friends with my ex-boyfriend, even though he poured a strawberry soda the night we broke up.
81. I get along better with my ex's than when we were a couple.
82. I wish I was closer with my sisters.
83. I love Mel Gibson, he can do no wrong.
84. Love to watch read on watch shows about ancient civilizations.
85. If I had a choice to live in any part of the world, I would choose Brazil.
86. I am so proud of my children, love them so much, I don't know where I would be with out them.
87. I am very judgemental
88. I wish I had straight hair.
89. I sponsor 1 child through the Children's Christian Fund, encourage other to do the same.
90. Hate brushing my hair.
91. Have not seen my natural hair color in over 15 years.
92. I don't think I ever have truly loved a man. (this is sad, I believe I have entered relationships for the wrong reason)
93. Have not given up on love.
94. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
95. I love to unwrap presents, as long as the wrapping is pretty, the content does not matter.
96. Can't stand arrogant people
97. Had I had another girl, I would have named her Victoria Elizabeth
98. I can't never be mad with the ones I love for long, I am always the one that gives in.
99. Love to wath Girlfriends, I think I am more like Toni (so self-centered) am not proud of this, I am working on improving this.
100. I love Vodka

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger cjm said...

Since I, too, am judgmental I would like to point out that you cheated and listed some things twice. Since I'm bossy, you should replace one of those with "I can recap a movie in such detail that it actually takes less time to see the movie." heehee That's fun... I like your hamster story. Oh, and saw someone on the plane who seriously looked like Billy Idol. I don't think it's crazy to like him...he's hot stuff (even now as an old guy).

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger nora said...

It took me forever to write this list. I suspected I had written things twice. But you know what it took me forever all I wanted is to get to 100.
I am glad I am not the only one that thinks Billy Idol was hot at one point. Please tell that to Kystle and David, may they will stop making fun of me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home