Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Birthday

I turned 36 yesterday!!! For some reason I was not ready, its not like I can ask to get and an extension or postpone it.

This was a wonderful b-day. I went for the 1st time to The Cheesecake Factory, the food was good, a bit overpriced. What the heck, I did not have to pay!! This is always good.

Today my coworkers surprised me with a cake and ice cream. It was funny, one of them comes to my office at around 3 and asks if I am my joining by birthday celebration. I asked what celebration, then he asks "did you not get the email?", of course I did not get the email it was a surprised. Yes, for the 1st time I was surprised!! Then he tells me, maybe it was for someone else, but it was for me. It was very nice of them to do something like that. Unfortunately, we do not celebrate stuff like that, I work with a lot of men who don't care. Everytime something is going they don't really care, all I get from them is, OK, just tell how much!, no excitement or anything.

I got flowers from a friend and my children, they are beautiful. Believe or not, I did not ask for anything this year, I usually tell everyone what I want, not this year. I am thankful for everything God has blessed me with. I only asked for 1 little thing, a cd by Mana http://www.mana.com.mx/english.htm. They are the best Spanish Rock Band, I love them and can't want for them to come to Houston, I hope I can convince my friend CJH to go to the concert with me.

4 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger cjm said...

Can I be the only little white girl there? I'm glad you had a happy birthday! I bought your present today...one of the perks of a mid-week birthday and traveling for work. I can shop late and no one would ever know until I confess it to the entire internet.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger nora said...

No you wont, at their last concert they were a lot of white and black people there. I hope we are talking about the same thing, the concert that is.
Can you tell me what the present is since my birthday already passed?

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger cjm said...

not at all...you'll get it tomorrow.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Happy Birthday! We shall share the age of 36 for about 6 or 7 weeks - in October I turn 37...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home